CareersWork with us / Opportunities
Wabun Tribal Council Economic Development Officer
Under the direction of the Wabun Tribal Council Chairperson, provides support to the members of the Wabun First Nations. His/her overall objective is to encourage and promote Economic Development by assisting the First Nations in establishing or expanding businesses. He/she will work with the member First Nations, funding agencies and outside experts in providing technical and advisory assistance on business and resource problems. He/she will assist the Tribal Council to establish and expand the overall development potential within the Wabun First Nations and help plan, organize and administer the Wabun Economic Development Program.
In his/her combined role as Economic Development Advisor, he/she will provide assistance to the Wabun First Nations to enhance their capacity for management, administration and local government as it pertains to economic development ventures .
He/she will identify overall potential for business establishments in First Nation communities within the Wabun area in consultation with the local First Nations in ensuring community priorities are met.
Assist and advise First Nation entrepreneurs in developing and operating their own businesses while encouraging good management and credit practices to ensure repayment of loans and accumulation of Capital. This includes proposal development and application assistance to government funding opportunities.
His/her duties will include:
- Assist the Wabun First Nations to access maximum funding for Band Government from the Department and all other levels of government.
- Work with Wabun FN local Economic Development Officers to identify and assist with community priorities.
- Advise the Wabun First Nations to better understanding of legal framework and Authorities.
- Assist and advise the Wabun First Nations in developing organizational structures, relationships and functions.
- Conduct/assist with strategic planning and policy development.
- Participate in negotiations at local, provincial and federal levels when requested.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of Business and Government Finance.
- Marketing methods, management accounting principles and practices.
- Government regulations and policies ruling in order to assess management.
- Marketing effectiveness of proposed business operations.
- Business administration, accounting and economics.
- Number of years administrative work experience in a business environment where practical accomplishments were achieved.
- Assessing and advising on business, resource management,
- It requires the incumbent to be able to set their development within the Board, social-economic local and regional trends as they relate to the overall economy.
- Valid Ontario Drivers Licence
- Have the ability to travel extensively
Closing Date: May 31st, 2018
Send Resume To:
Jason Batise, Executive Director
Wabun Tribal Council
313 Railway St.,
Timmins, ON. P4N 2P4
We thank all applications, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.