Economic Development Officer/WTES Coordinator
Matachewan First Nation
Matachewan First Nation is currently accepting applications for the Economic Development Officer/WTES Coordinator. The EDO will work under the direction of the Band Manager.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Liaise with outside agencies/organizations, businesses/government departments to determine economic opportunity for Matachewan First Nation;
- Research and keep abreast of current economic development strategies/initiatives that can benefit MFN and MFN Band Members;
- Develop work plans/strategies for approval on accessing identified opportunities;
- Develop and submit proposals for funding in relation to accessing employment, training and business opportunities;
- Provide support to individual Band Members who are interested in starting their own business including referral services;
- WTES Coordinator will ensure that Band Members have access to training opportunities through the WTES program at Wabun Tribal Council;
- Through WTES, the Coordinator will assist with applications and provide all information related to training opportunities through the program, including reporting requirements;
- Provide quarterly/yearly reports to INAC and to Band Manager on economic development plan;
- Prepare other reports as requested; and
- Any other related duties as directed by the Band Manager.
- Grade 12, preferably college business related diploma
- Experience in working with First Nations Economic or Social Program Development Programs would be an asset
- Excellent verbal/writing skills
CLOSING DATE: May 26, 2023 @ 4:30 pm
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.