Wabun Health invites all youth between the ages of 8 and 18 to attend the annual youth gathering!
What is included?
Land based living, teachings & activities, crafts, water teachings and activities, traditional food teachings and meals, and travel are covered by Wabun Tribal Council with travel arrangements made by individual communities. Oh, and a week of fun in the sun! (giizis)
Love, Respect, Bravery, Truth, Honesty, Humility & Wisdom
What do I need to bring?
- Your clothes, jacket, hat
- Hairbrush, shampoo, soap
- Swimsuit and water shoes
- Running shoes/sandals
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Pillow, blanket or sleeping bag
- Bug spray or your safe alternative
- Life jacket (unless your community is supplying)
- Check with your community rep for additional information
WHO TO CONTACT?
Contact your community representative:
- Eileen Boissoneau, Mattagami First Nation: 705-894-1123
- Tamie Lortie, Brunswick House First Nation: 705-864-0248
- Connie McLean, Beaverhouse: 705-567-2022
- Elaine Daley, Matachewan First Nation: 705-565-2230
- Angela, Flying Post First Nation: 807-887-3071 or email@example.com
- Josephine Wesley, Chapleau Ojibwe: firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTENTION YOUTH AND CHAPERONES: Any youth needing assistance are to see their chaperone. They are there to help you. Chaperones needing support are to speak with your community representative.
Disclaimer: Wabun Tribal Council will not be held responsible for any lost or stolen items so give thought to what you are bringing and how you will ensure its safety while you are enjoying your time at the gathering.