Community Health Nurse
Wabun Tribal Council
Under the direction of the Health Director, the Community Health Nurse delivers programs focusing on health promotion and disease prevention to the Wabun First Nations communities. Through regular community visits, the following programs will be provided.
- Regular immunization clinics for clients of all ages.
- Health teaching individually and to groups on all areas of health with a focus on prevention of disease.
- Home visiting programs for clients with chronic disease.
- Maternal & child health programs that include prenatal education, postpartum and breastfeeding support and well baby clinics.
- Communicable disease surveillance and eradication
- Liaising with physicians and other health care professionals to assist clients to gain access to necessary health services.
- Home care services to eligible clients.
- Working as a health team member with community health care workers as well as Wabun health team.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree or Registered Nurse with Community Health Nursing Certificate or Registered Nurse with appropriate experience.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Must have knowledge of, Native people, culture, traditions and communities
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in community nursing preferred
- Current CNO & RNAO Registration
- Current certification in CPR and Standard First Aid
- Ability to speak a native language considered an asset
Salary: To be determined.
Closing Date: 4:00 pm Friday May 13, 2022
We would like to thank all those interested in the nursing position with Wabun Health Services.
However, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.