WTES Program Coordinator
Internal/External Employment Opportunity – Timmins
Wabun Tribal Council is looking for a Program Coordinator. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Program Coordinator is required to manage the development and administration of all the WTES Employment & Training Initiatives. The Program Coordinator will be required to provide advice, guidance and support to the First Nation Communities as well as provide support and feedback to Service Canada managers and other sectors. The Program Coordinator will need to assist our FN Communities and their band members, businesses and/or organizations in accessing WTES programs and funds. Working closely with the Communities to ensure Community Development needs are met as well as assist with managing the complete WTES project life cycle is also a very important component to this position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of proposals/application to WTES.
- Assist in the design and development of policies reflecting needs and priorities of
communities and make recommendations to WTC for implementing such policies
- Retain knowledge of all WTES and government programs and functions as they pertain to employment initiatives. This is to be a continuing study requiring extensive acquisition and maintenance of knowledge.
- Development of employment and training programs and projects that will ensure the long term employment of Aboriginal people.
- Develop and maintain partnerships.
- Complete project life cycle on project once approved. Ie. Maintaining project files, completing executive summaries, contracting, claim forms, monitoring, close-out, evaluations and follow-up.
- Submitting reports and applications (financial, statistical, qualitative, and narrative) quarterly to funding sources.
- Liaise with the Human Resource Community centers regarding EI verification, SIN numbers and labour market information.
- Participate in yearly needs assessment in First Nations prior to every March 31st utilizing various resource persons and pertinent documents within the communities.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-Secondary education in business administration or a related field is preferred; however, Grade 12 education or equivalent with work experience in a senior financial or advisory position is acceptable.
- Knowledge of employment and training issues and requirements of Aboriginal people.
- Knowledge of Wabun Tribal Councils’ First Nations and their members.
- Strong financial skills including knowledge in computerized accounting.
- Knowledge in various computer programs required. Ie. Spreadsheets and word processing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- An awareness and understanding of First Nation culture is essential.
- Must be willing to travel extensively. Must have Valid Class G driver’s license.
- Ability to speak a First Nation language will be an asset but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of the Collective Agreements is an asset. The Program Coordinator must work with local Unions.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Deadline for applications is: Friday February 26th, 2021 at 4:30 pm Apply with covering letter and resume to:
Jason Batise, Executive Director
Wabun Tribal Council
313 Railway Street
Fax (705) 268-8554