Education Officer (Full-Time)
Matachewan First Nation
Matachewan First Nation requires an Interim Education Officer to provide clerical, administrative and support services to the Post-Secondary Program.
- Manage and maintain financial obligations pertaining to the post-secondary students (e.g. monthly student allowance payments, reimbursements, tuition payments etc.)
- Maintain electronic data base for post-secondary students.
- Assist with the completion of the Elementary, Secondary and Post-Secondary Nominal Roll as required annually by AANDC.
- Assist students with academic/career counselling as requested. This may include referrals to other sources for such assistance communicating with post-secondary institution’s.
- Maintain electronic contact list for post-secondary students to provide them with newsletters, notices and reminders. Provide at least monthly correspondence.
- Maintain education (elementary, secondary and post-secondary) student files ensuring that all information including that relating to funding is up to date.
- Prepare and keyboard correspondence, reports and submissions related to Education programs as requested by the Director of Education.
- Perform other duties as may reasonably be required by the Director of Education.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Band Manager.
- Registered member of Matachewan First Nation will be given preference.
- Graduate from a post-secondary program in Education and/or Social Work, or related discipline, office administration skills at a high level; good knowledge of office practice.
- Working knowledge of the legislation, policies and procedures that impact First Nation Education programs and services.
- Must have significant experience with financial, budget planning and reporting processes.
- Familiarity with post-secondary institutions, their programs, credit systems and support services.
Required Skills and Abilities
- High level of organization, written and verbal communication skills.
- Displays initiative and strong interpersonal skills.
- High level computer and word processing skills.
- Good public relations, including an appreciation of the need for confidentiality, tact and discretion.