External Employment Opportunity – District of Sudbury
Flying Post Camp and Logistics (FPCL) has become well known in the Sudbury and Timmins area. Flying Post Camp and Logistics primary focus is designing and manufacturing remote workforce housing and modular accommodations. Flying Post Camp and Logistics is currently completing construction project for the IAMGOLD Côté Gold Project.
We are currently seeking a Licensed Carpenter to join our team.
Location: IAMGOLD Côté Gold Project. District of Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. Approximately 5 km north of HWY 144 Watershed rest stop and 20KM South West of Gogama.
Position: Licensed Carpenter (Contract Position).
Work Schedule: Rotation consisting of 14 days on and 14 days off – 10 Hour Shift daily
Job Type: Full-time, contract
Salary: $40.00 – $50.00 per hour, depending on experience and credentials.
- Service work, renovations, new construction
- Performing carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Clean and perform preparation of worksite
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Fueling machinery and dewatering site
- Material Handling
- Act as crew lead
- Must be a Licensed Carpenter.
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction • Minimum 2-3 years of experience as a carpenter is preferred
- Excellent English communication skills required
- Good understanding of basic math
- Must be able to work independently and with others
- Experience with operating machinery is an asset
- G Class Driver’s license with clean driving record (abstract required if hired)
- Must be conversant with OHSA regulations and comply with the site Safety plan and rules
- The project site is a dormitory style accommodations complex with a small gym. Meals are provided, lunches are bagged style and sit-down meal setting for breakfast and supper. Site room and board is supplied by the employer. There will be a bus stop located in Timmins or Sudbury. The bus will transport employees to and from the mine site.
Flying Post Camps and Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If interested, please contact:
Victoria Mackenzie, Human Resources Coordinator
Email address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 705-806-3719