Heavy Duty Mechanic
External Employment Opportunity – District of Sudbury
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Flying Post Camp and Logistics (FPCL) has become well known in the Sudbury and Timmins area. Flying Post Camp and Logistics primary focus is designing and manufacturing remote workforce housing and modular accommodations. Flying Post Camp and Logistics is currently completing a construction project for the IAMGOLD Côté Gold Project.
We are currently seeking a Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our team.
Location: IAMGOLD Côté Gold Project. District of Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. Approximately 5
km north of HWY 144 Watershed rest stop and 20KM South West of Gogama.
Position: Heavy Duty Mechanic (Contract Position)
Work Schedule: Rotation consisting of 18 days in and 10 days out.
- Perform inspections and maintenance to all equipment and vehicles.
- Ensure to keep and file maintenance reports and documentation.
- Install or repair heavy equipment and attachments.
- Having an understanding of heavy-duty truck steering, suspension, brake and transmission
- Ability to use tools and equipment required to perform the work (i.e. hand and power tools).
- Experience with diesel engines and all components
- Experience with hydraulic systems (repair/ change worn or failed hoses)
- Perform final checks on installation, repair, inspection, replacing, and adjusting parts as required.
- Differentials and torque converters
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis; adjust equipment & repair/replace parts component as required.
- Must be an Ontario licensed Heavy Duty Mechanic.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic.
- English communication skills required.
Ability to work well independently and as a team member.
- G Class Driver’s license with clean driving record (abstract required if hired)
- Must be conversant with OHSA regulations and comply with the site Safety plan and rules
- The project site is a dormitory style accommodations complex with a small gym. Meals are provided, lunches are bagged style and sit-down meal setting for breakfast and supper. Site room and board is supplied by the employer. There will be a bus stop located in Timmins or Sudbury. The bus will transport employees to and from the mine site.
Flying Post Camps and Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If interested, please contact:
Victoria Mackenzie, Human Resources Coordinator
Email address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 705-806-3719