Employment Opportunity – Wabun First Nation Communities
The Nishnawbe Aski Police Service requires four (4) Cadets to serve the Wabun communities. Two of Cadets will be posted to Brunswick House, FN and the location of the other two will be a Wabun Community, determined at a later date. These positions will be for a one-year contract, with the possibility of extension.
The contract position(s) are open to all members of the Wabun First Nation communities regardless of where they currently reside. The successful candidate(s) must be able to get themselves to the respective Wabun First Nation Community for their shift rotations of 8 on 6 off and if necessary, have somewhere to reside while on rotation at their own expense. The Cadets will assist with proactive initiatives, community policing programs, prevention- based education, etc. while developing the knowledge, skills and abilities to secure employment as a Police Constable.
They will receive Offender Transport training (including Use of Force training) beginning in October, 2021 which they must pass. The Cadet(s) will wear a distinctive uniform. The intention is that Cadets will be hired on as full constables in the future, subject to positive job performance and successful completion of necessary training.
Salary will be ($61,430.42 per annum).
- Be (18) years of age or older at the time of application deadline;
- Be a band member of a Wabun First Nation community;
- Have a minimum education of Grade 12 or equivalency;
- No criminal record for which a pardon has not been received or an Absolute/Conditional Discharge that has not been sealed;
- Must be in possession of a Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence with no more than 6 demerit points and full driving privileges;
- Must be able to pass an interview, credit background, investigative checks, fitness testing and psychological testing;
- Medical clearance from a qualified practitioner;
- Willing and able to travel for mandatory training;
- Must be willing and able to work shift work and be on call;
- First Aid/CPR would be considered an asset; and,
- Must not have applied to Wabun Training & Employment Services (WTES) within the past 52 weeks.
Interested applicants may submit a hiring package which includes the following:
- Cover letter detailing interest in noted position, including the First Nation community you are applying to;
- A resume detailing your work history, education history, certificates you may possess, any volunteer work and 6 references (2 Personal, 2 Education, 2 Supervisor); and,
- Complete all application forms on https://www.naps.ca/cadets
Closing date for applications is Sunday, June 27, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. EST
All completed packages MUST be sent to email@example.com.
Nishnawbe Aski Police Service is committed to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act. If you require accommodation for any stage of the hiring process, please contact Matthew Lento, Human Resources Assistant for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank everyone for their interest in the position, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Funded by: Wabun Training & Employment Services